THE LEARNING DIP
Building Learners Who Stick With It.
BY UNLEASHING PERSONAL POTENTIAL
This course has been specifically designed for year 5 or year 6 students in order to build learners who apply themselves when things get tough. It encourages students to get in and out of the dip each day, and grow their brain! After all, learning is meant to be challenging.
As a result of the learning dip incursion, students will:
- understand neuroplasticity (and the growth mindset)
- become aware of the learning dip in their own lives
- learn how to respond when they find learning and life challenging
- be equipped with 4 strategies for moving beyond the dip
- continually reflect on their learning and behaviour
- change their language about learning challenges
- participate in creating a classroom culture shift towards learning
- discover how their example can influence others to persist, learn and grow
GROWING YOUR BRAIN
GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE LEARNING DIP
What does the course include?
1. One or two full days of student training with your year 5 or year 6 cohort. (two day model can be spaced out across the year)
2. Follow-up lessons (videos, discussion questions, learning activities) are provided by UPP and facilitated by classroom teachers. Allows teachers flexibility to select the timing and material for their particular students.
3. The learning journal (covering growth mindsets and the learning dip) can be used by students for the rest of their time at Primary school.
What are the details?
The investment for this engaging and transformative incursion and included follow-up material is $15+GST/student (minimum cost $1,250+GST), plus travel expenses from Brisbane (if applicable). This incursion is run by UPP at your school with a whole cohort of students (one cohort only and 150 students maximum). The best venue is your school hall (or similar), as we use a learning, action, reflection process throughout the day.
Session 1= Growing your Brain
Session 2= Getting in and out of the Learning Dip
Session 3= Setting and Striving for Targets OR The Learning Dip in Action (school to choose final session).
When is it available?
This program is only available to year 5 or 6 students, in Term 2 and 3, each school year.